Yes, I did. In fact, it's so yummy, it will almost top popcorn, but popcorn isn't green and is pretty much predictable with every bite. However, both popcorn and kale chips get stuck in your teeth so have some floss picks on hand :)
Note that I even showed photos of my boys eating this just to prove they love it. In fact, my oldest requested it today for snack. My younger son requested pinto beans & toast for breakfast, so we had that for lunch (since dry beans take a long time to cook).
Anyway, back to kale chips...
It's so easy, that a CPA can even do it.
Well, you know what I mean. There are just too many rocket scientists out there that have never heard of kale chips.
Here's the simple recipe:
1. Kale, buy already chopped --or-- chop carelessly in 1.5-2" pieces
2. Olive Oil
3. Sea Salt
1. Toss chopped kale very lightly with olive oil & sea salt
2. Spread on cookie sheet
3. Bake on 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- use too much oil; take longer to cook
- over salt; you'll lose the yummy taste of the kale
- over cook; just cook 'til it's crispy
- worry if you don't have it spread thin while cooking. I piled it on and it turned out fine.
- say you don't like it until you've tried it
Please feel free to comment below.
I always appreciate well-behaved feedback ;)
who is amySMITH ?
Amy is a full-time graphic designer, educator, mother to 3 precious Gifts & a Pastor's wife... who combines humor with creativity then stands back to watch it explode! :D